Our communities health and safety is always our top priority, nothing changes with COVID in regards to this. As NSW is starting to implement the fedral government's three step plan to open the economy and allow us to be back in the park, we have got you covered. Below you can see our COVID-Safe Policy and Procedures to make sure you can continue to train safely.
At FEAT we are strong believers that keeping fit and healthy during the this time of COVID-19 is extremely important.
We also understand that to facilitate this in and out of sessions we need to ensure that we can continue to provide a safe environment for everyone and do our part in limiting and slowing the spread of COVID-19. Not only do viruses thrive on weaker immune systems, but with lots of people working at home and spending more time indoors alone can have it's own series of mental health consequences.
Measures in place at Sessions
- Attendees - currenty we're allowed to be back in the park with a limitation of groups of 20 people. This includes our trainers. We'll be ahearing to this, and ensuring that only groups of 20 are training in one space at a time. Please help us by attending the sessions that you commit too, or if you want to change, check with your trainer first.
- Towels - we encourage everyone to bring their own towels or even 2, one you may decide to place over your mat to work on.
- Mats - All mats will be arranged in a pile instead of our usualy 'lay out' fasion. When you're getting ready to warm up. Take your own mat from the pile and it's now yours for the rest of the session! We'll be putting out markers spaced more than 2 meters apart. Setup your mat next to a marker, and this will help make sure we're all socially distanced. At the end of the session, just leave your mat there and these will be sanitised prior to the next session starting.
- Equipment - We won't be sharing equipment during sets, and our sets will be designed so that you either have your own piece of equipment for the entire session, or there will be 1 swap during the session where the equipment will be sanitised between changes.
- Hygiene - Our trainers will have hand sanitiser available and encourage people to use this before and after the session. We also remind people to try avoid touching your face, our trainers have hair ties available to help keep your hair out of your face. Lastly, don't forget to thoroughly wash your hands with soap before and after training.
- Boxing - there will be no face to face boxing sessions with glove and pads run. No contact shadow boxing in some locations will be available. As stipulated in the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) Framework for Rebooting Sport in A COVID-19 Environment, our boxing sessions will look to return upon advice from governing bodies.
Measures outside of sessions
- We'll be doing an additional sanitisation of the equipment and mats outside of the sessions.
- If you're feeling unwell or need to self-isolate, plese do not attend training in the park.
- We continue to watch all recommendations from W.H.O and NSW Health to ensure that we can do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and communicate any updates as we go.
As a community we're a great bunch of informed and consious people, together we can keep our community fun and safe. FEAT sessions are a way for us to remain healthy physicaly and mentally, but even more now as people may feel we are going through harder times this year.