Apply to be a FEAT Location Manager
Trainer & Member Manager
Full Time Employment
FEAT Fitness specialises in outdoor group fitness and is currently expanding. As NSW has spent a significant portion of 2021 locked down and managing COVID, people are ready to spend more time back outside, and we are already seeing this boom.
Founded nearly four years ago, FEAT has touched hundreds of lives and helped people improve their overall health and fitness and been the connection point for many new friendships within local communities.
At FEAT Fitness, we offer outdoor group training in local parks around Sydney and we are fast expanding with the demand to be outdoors. To support the growth of FEAT, we are looking for an achievement-driven manager with amazing people skills to expand and manage one of our existing training locations within the Sydney Eastern Suburbs. Although having qualifications in Fitness is not required in the role, you’ll succeed best with a passion for health and fitness.
Reporting to one of the FEAT Founders & Director, Barton Tanner, FEAT is hiring a full-time Location Cluster & Trainer Manager, this role will involve using an existing FEAT group as a platform to expand by opening another 3 or 4 locations in the nearby areas within the Sydney Eastern Suburbs to form your location cluster. These locations will be determined with the assistance and help of the experience of the FEAT team and you’ll be performing some research and feasibility exercises to determine the next appropriate locations.
As these locations are expanding, you’ll be building and managing a team of 4-6 trainers to help operate your cluster, these trainers will take the outdoor training sessions and assist with aspects of member communications.
We are much more than our job descriptions & this is an evolving role, but here’s where you’ll begin...
The first month of this role will be working closely with one of the Founders, Barton Tanner, who currently operates the largest portion of the business. You’ll be taught how to run a fun and successful outdoor community, and the ins and outs of what makes FEAT so loveable by our members.
After this first month, the coming months will be focused on building the new locations to create your location cluster and a group of trainers to work with you. You’ll also start to manage existing members and onboard new members.
As the new locations have opened up and are operating, more of your role will focus on managing your trainers and members as the numbers in your community grow.
This role involves being involved in early morning sessions, some days will start at 5:30 am and most often you’ll have flexible hours that can adjust to allow you to perform your job the best. There will be some Saturday work required on occasion also.
Your responsibilities include:
- Growing your membership base within your cluster’s community
- Managing your team of 4-6 trainers:
- Coordinating your trainer’s timetable to ensure sessions are covered
- Coordinate your trainers to participate in local marketing activities
- Management of your team of trainers
- Coordinating events with your team of trainers to run for your members
- Attending some sessions as a participant through the week
- Managing your community of members:
- Generating new members
- Making trial phone calls as leads come in
- Managing relationships of the members including coffee/text/call check-ins,
- Manage ‘out of session’ tasks and questions for members (payment queries/freezes/conversions etc)
- Location Cluster Management
- Ensuring council permits are current
- Executing local marketing strategies with FEAT guidance and using your team of trainers
- Ensuring FEATs high standards have a positive impact and feedback on local communities.
WHO ARE YOU?
Like us, you’ll be committed to having an impact on local communities and assisting in allowing people to better themselves through fun community outdoor training.
- An entrepreneurial-spirited individual who is ambitious, resilient and highly influential to drive results in a highly fast-paced and performance-driven environment.
- Previous experience in working with a team and managing people
- High-level people skills & great communication skills
- Passionate about health and fitness with a love for the outdoors.
- Optional, experience in the health & fitness industry
- Optional, Certificate 3 & 4 in Fitness
You’ll also need the following certifications, if you don’t have these yet you’ll be able to start the first part of this job and complete these in the first few months of the job:
- Current First Aid & CPR
- Working with Children Check
- Mental Health First Aid
HOW WE REWARD YOU
We are a young and growing business, alongside your salary you’ll be rewarded for performance through incentives for achieving quarterly objectives, and annual recognition through our bonus pool and/or our employee share scheme. We’ll also ensure that you’re continually learning through contributing towards various education classes & certifications.
We value diversity and a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone feels they belong is important to us.
We are fast building and that’s the exciting part; we make it happen and impact people’s lives. If you’re committed to doing the right thing, creating change and excited by this opportunity, click apply now!
If this interests you, apply today.
Working at FEAT Fitness
At FEAT Fitness, we're all about the outdoors. By joining the FEAT team, you get to enjoy your mornings outside in the fresh air with the amazing sunrises doing what you love. You also get the opportunity to work with an amazing team of trainers from a variety of different backgrounds.
We believe in the health, wellbeing and continual development of our trainers. We don't schedule trainers on that start at 6am to then have to work again at 6pm. We bring in experts to run education courses throughout the year, these vary from pre and post natal training, mental health first aid and equipment specific courses, we ask the trainers what they want to learn and work from there.
We also love to spend our Fridays together, after our morning sessions, we all get into the office together to get through the last bit of admin for the week, and then go do a training session with each other in a park (or sometimes just enjoy a lunch together).
Meet our Trainers
- Barton Tanner
- Eli Toffoli
- Tyler Constable
- Petra Sulovska
- Bigyan Karki
- Marley Araujo
- Ronan Maguire
- Bronwyn Thompson
- Rachel Falconer
- Janine Sikkens
- Rob Walker